Creating Foresight-Fueled Action: Suzette Brooks Masters
In this video, Principal Frank Spencer (TFSX) interviews Suzette Brooks Masters – A social entrepreneur with a long track record of creating positive change in our society. Thought leader and strategist in the fields of social cohesion, democracy, and futures. Suzette uses her extensive philanthropic, non-profit, research, advocacy, program development, and legal experience to advise foundations, non-profit organizations, policymakers, and corporations on how to respond to the significant demographic shifts that have transformed America after decades of immigration and to the threats facing our pluralist democracy.
Read Suzette’s recent report through the Democracy Funders Network, Imagining Better Futures for American Democracy, here. This report is a call to action on imagining what democracy could become.
While listening to Frank and Suzette’s conversation in the video, consider the following:
- What role(s) is foresight increasingly playing in the future of democracy?
- What barriers presently exist to the necessary expansion and evolution of democracy?
- Why are narratives more impactful than data, and how can stories of hope inspire us to create vibrant expressions of democracy?
- What are some of the new tools and models for the expansion of democratic societies that are emerging across the world?
- How can we reward adaptation and visioning in our organizations, governmental agencies, and social entities as a means to enhance pluralism, equity, and broad-based prosperity?